Sunday, January 20, 2008

9th Wonder: The Begining


I get frustrated when guys like Jay-Z come out with a cappella versions of their albums because I know it will lead to thousands of remixes by aspiring producers. Dont get me wrong, I think its great when an established musician reaches out to young guys with big dreams. Its just that we, Hip-Hop lovers, get bombarded with way too many versions of the same album to choose from.


But then you listen to 9th Wonder and realize what can come from these a cappella records. Before he made a name for himself producing the critically acclaimed but much slept-on Little Brother albums, 9th was just a college student using FL Studio. He remixed Nas' God's Son and Jay-Z's The Black Album and got his name out there. Now he's producing for heavy-hitters like Mary J. Blige and Jay-Z (this time for his real CD).


For 9th Wonder fans, I present to you the 2 remix albums that got it all started:


No comments: