Monday, December 31, 2007

I Could Give a Damn About a Grammy


But what is the point this year? All I really care about when it comes to the Grammy's is the Hip-hop rap catagory and god was i dissapointed this year. I was mad enough last year when Lupe lost the Best Rap/ Hip-hop album to Ludacris' Release Therepy, but this year takes the cake. There are some good things though.Kanye got nominated for Album of the year and he probably is going to win. Also Common got nominated twice for 'The People' and 'Southside'. Also Nas got a nomination for Hip-Hop is Dead, which i really enjoyed.


Now heres where it gets worse. For the Best Rap preformance by a Duo or Group category, not only is 'Make It Rain' nominated, but it is accompanied by 'Party Like a Rockstar'. Also the is a Best Rap/Sung Collaboration category, which I don't even wanna get into because you know its a terrible category. Also R. Kelly got a nomination for 'Same Girl' which was easily the stupidest fucking R&B song next to trapped in the closet. R. Kelly is a singing narrorator and it pains my ears to listen. I miss the 'I believe I Can Fly' R. Kelly.


And finally I went to look at the best Rap Song of the Year.

I Look and see 'Ayo Technology'-terrible

'Big Things Poppin'- ok

'Can't Tell Me Nothin'- pretty good

'Good Life'- ehhh

and the one reason why i lost all hope in the Grammy's....


SOULJA BOY GOT A FUCKING GRAMMY NOMINATION


The grammys are supposted to be the biggest award in Music, you are taking away credibility from yourself when you do stupid shit like even mention Soulja boy's namewhen it comes to recieving an honorable award. He sounds like he is illeterate, and i could only imagine what his acceptance speech will sound like if he wins.


If Soulja can win a Grammy, I can be the next Elvis. I give up man. Im boycotting the Grammys

No comments: