Monday, June 16, 2008

Heaven On Earth Does Exist....

.... and its called Bonnaroo. The last 3 1/2 days of my life have been pure bliss after experiencing what every true music fan needs to experience at least once in their life.

Though the scheduling by the festival heads wasn't the best (I was supposed to miss Talib Kweli to go see Kanye, but that turned into a whole other fiasco), this past weekend was 80 solid hours of almost non-stop music.

I missed the beginning of Rilo Kiley's performance to see The Raconteurs (Jack White's other band aside from the White Stripes) cap off their incredible show. Lupe was on stage 30 mins. before Kanye was scheduled to hit the stage, but Yeezy failed to hit the stage until 2 hours after his scheduled time (thanks Pearl Jam).

I finally got to see one of my favorite groups play live: Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings (old-school funk and soul band), and I got to see BB King play an hour and a half set that nearly changed my life.

I really wish my camera wasn't "confiscated" by a fellow festival goer, though, because I had some decent pics of Lupe, Kanye's crazy set and Metallica (not on the same stage, though that would've been awesome).

More stories from the weekend later in the week.

No comments: