Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kanye no. 4??


I got this from illroots, which got it from DJ Semtex, for whatever this is worth. Apparently, Kanye is working on a fourth album which will drop in December. This would be a much quicker release for album number 4 since the first 3 came out a couple years apart.

I'm a little nervous about Kanye dropping another album so soon for a few reasons. 1) It is clear that his first three albums took a considerable amount of time. The result of all his time in the studio was a great body of work. 2) He's been working with the likes of Lil Wayne and Dj Khaled lately. No disrespect to Weezy, but he gives off a sense of "quantity over quality." As for Khaled, he just plain sucks. Bad company corrupts good people and I'm afraid this will happen to Mr. West. I want every Kanye album to be spectacular, and I fear an album in December will be rushed and, consequently, mediocre.

Do I think there is truth to this rumor? I don't really know, but there will be evidence within the next few weeks. On his blog, Kanye has started making posts refuting erroneous rumors. If he is not making the album so soon, he will surely let his fans know quickly. Another form of evidence could potentially surface in the form of a leaked single entitled, "Love Lockdown." DJ Semtex said that will be the first single leaked off the album.

I don't think there is truth to these rumors. At least, in some twisted way, I hope their is no truth to them.

No comments: