Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Feature: Complete Your Collection

I've been wanting to begin something like this for the longest time. I am going to try and share some of my musical taste with you, the readers (though I'm not quite sure how many we have out there), every other week by posting a new album for you to check out. Although The Boogie is a primarily rap oriented blog, I'm going to try to broaden your horizons, if it isn't that big to begin with.

My first choice for this bi-weekly feature, is an album from 2001, by a duo from Harlem: Cannibal Ox, which consists of MCs Vast Aire and Vordul Mega. This was CanOx's debut album, entitled The Cold Vein and has gone under-the-radar since its drop.

Produced by El-P (who has also headed projects by Murs, Del, Atmosphere and Aesop Rock), this album is dripping with eeire beats and haunting synth tones.

The dark feel of this album may not be for everyone, but after a few listens it tends to grow on you.


Listing:

1. Iron Galaxy
2. Ox Out of the Cage
3. Atom
4. A B-Boys Alpha
5. Raspberry Fields
6. Straight Off the D.I.C.
7. Vein
8. The F-Word
9. Stress Rap
10. Battle for Asgard
11. Real Earth
12. Ridiculoid
13. Painkillers
14. Pigeon
15. Scream Phoenix

Linkage:

Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein


Enjoy. And lemme know what you think.

No comments: