Tuesday, September 30, 2008

R.I.P White Chocolate


1998-2008
I know this may be several days late, but i'd like to acknowledge the retirement of the famous-or infamous depending on what era- Jason Williams. With tendonitis troubling him over the past few years, he has finally decided to leave the game which in my opinion, he revitalized during the early portion of his career. From running the show alongside the likes of C-Webb, Peja, and Vlade(!), to being the main attraction down in Memphis, I pretty much worshipped the dude as a youngin'. He was arguably the most "entertaining" baller to watch both on (and off) the court, and helped bring some flavor back to the hardwood in the late '90s. J-Will will always be remembered for the flash and the off the elbow dime, but I'll always remember him as a key piece to bringing home the 'chip to the MIA. You will be missed...by me at least.

To console you from the loss of my favorite baller of my era, I give you this:

No comments: