Friday, January 23, 2009

Get Familiar: K'naan


Disclaimer: If you've been down with K'naan since day 1 (which I estimate to be sometime back in 2005 when we had some white guy running the country) I apologize. I will admit I don't know everything about music. I jump on the bandwagon real late sometimes.

Now that I've got that out of the way, I have to give my full endorsement for K'naan. The half Somalian/half Canadian MC blends "Marley music" with hip hop. If you like it cool. If not, that's cool too. I happen to be part of the group that likes this dude. He comes out with a new album in February called Troubadour which features gus like Damien Marley, Adam Levine and Mos Def.

If you want to hear his previous work, I've got you covered. For those out there who are like "I can't believe you give away music for free. That's terribel. That's stealing!" If you haven't heard of K'naan before this, you probably won't listen to his early albums. If you haven't heard his early albums, you won't buy his new album. Therefore, I'm not stealing money from K'naan. If anything, I'm helping him make money.

No comments: