Friday, August 29, 2008

Is anybody really surprised?


Chad Johnson is no more. In case you haven't heard, the man who they call Ocho Cinco is now know as... Chad Ocho Cinco. Yes, he legally changed his name recently. This is some Prince stuff. I mean, I'm a huge fan of the whole "athletes are entertainers" thing because, well, they are entertainers. This is why I have no problem when Wide Receivers do ridiculous touchdown dances- which are, more accurately, showmanship- or cry after press conferences. If I watch a game of football, I want to enjoy it and have something to talk about the next morning. So if Chad Johnson wants to make the ball disappear with a magic trick after he scores, more power to him. I don't care if people accuse them of being divas because we live in a society where every famous person, with the exception of Bear Grylls and Kimbo Slice, is a diva to some degree. Nobody else is willing to give interviews like this or this.

No comments: