Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Video They Don't Want You To See (this time i'm serious)

So every blogger's favorite TV show has been off the air due to its controversial episode criticizing BET. Rumor has it that Huey's hunger strike has led to threats of Black Entertainment Television suing Sony (who apparently produces The Boondocks... who knew?). This is ridiculous. BET, grow some balls and roll with the punches. Granted, if I had my own TV station (which would be dominated by Dennis Rodman's Midget Basketball League and Gumbel to Gumbel) I would not like to be bashed. That said, I still wouldn't take action by threatening a lawsuit. If I were BET, I'd have an army consisting of T-Pain, AKON, Free, Malcolm Jamal Warner (he owes them something for playing re-runs of Malcolm and Eddie) and Shaheed the Poster Boy start a rap battle with the executives of Sony. Considering the state of Hip Hop on BET, this battle wouldn't be as lopsided as you'd think.


I'm not surprised that an episode of The Boondocks was banned, I'm just surprised it was this episode. If you haven't seen it yet, click the link above. This is my second favorite episode of the series behind The Trial of R.Kelly. It has a strong message and, as usual, Huey portrays the model for being an effective member of society. Oh, and look out for a guest appearance by Cee-Lo playing the role of a returning character.
There is another episode that builds off this one and I am on the lookout for it.

No comments: