Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Common's Makin Magic


This picture surfaced on the BBC/ICE CREAM blog about a month ago and I assumed Common would be jumping on a track for the Seeing Sounds album, but it something much bigger than that. It turns out Common and The Neptunes are set to collaborate:

the new album is called Invincible Summer and

will be out in the later part of June. I guess the new

shift is just the music sounds newer. It’s really developing.

I’m really happy about it. It feels good. It’s not really heavy

and it’s Pharrell from The Neptunes and The Neptunes are

producing a lot of it.

I heard this news from waymorefresher adn I am pretty excited about this. However, I'm also kind of dissapointed seeing that this will (at least temporarily) end the collaborations between Common and Kanye. I thought they were a great team and Be is one of my favorite albums of all time. I feel like Common is usually better with soul samples than eclectic music. Case in point? If you have ever heard Electric Circus, you know it is the only Common album that misfired. Having said that, I still think The Neptunes will piece together something special. In fact, I can't think of a Neptunes album that I haven't enjoyed.

No comments: