Monday, November 24, 2008

The Limited Edition


Some of us here at The Boogie had to wait until today to grab Ye's album, but I'm happy I waited, and that I stopped listening to leaks after hearing Love Lockdown, Heartless and Coldest Winter.

I walked into Best Buy today to find to versions of 808s & Heartbreak sitting in front of me: the hard case/standard and the soft case/limited edition.

I'm guessing the only difference is the bottom pic (the lyrics sprawled out on a second booklet, which the hard case doesn't have?).

I've enjoyed this album quite a bit, though this would still rank 4th in terms of Kanye's work, in my opinion (Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, 808s).

Its a toss-up in terms of my favorite track. I've loved Coldest Winter since the first time I heard it, but Robocop is a very close second, the true studio cut is amazing.

I don't dislike any track on this album, but I could do without Weezy's feature on See You In My Nightmares. He sounds like a dying dog on a few notes.

I'm praying Kanye drops a studio version of Pinocchio Story (the 12th track). It would be amazing all doped up on synth and autotune.

That's my two cents on it.

No comments: