Friday, January 4, 2008

DMX plans a Gospel Album


In a recent interview with MTV, Dark Man X spilled his plans of creating a a Gospel-Rap album. According to DMX there will not be any profanity on any of the tracks, how 'bout that?? "No songs about bitches, no songs about robbing, just straight 'Give God the glory," DMX explained. But hold up for a second, the gospel album is not the only news here. DMX is planning to release a straight-up Rap CD to be included in the 2-disc bundle album. "I [was] the first n---- to put out two albums in one year [It's Dark and Hell Is Hot and Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood in 1998], now I'm gonna hit 'em again -- drop two albums on the same f---in' day, yo," X told MTV. "A double album will make motherf---ers mad, because they gotta spend more money -- plus it's already a long [double] album. I'm talking about a hip-hop album and a gospel album." he continued. The album is set to be titled, Walk With Me Now and You'll Fly With Me Later.

The album is going to
be released through indie label Bodog Music, whom he has recently partnered up with. DMX's last album, Year Of The Dog, was released in 2006 through Columbia Records (whom he has parted ways from.) He explained that the reason for his departure was because of lack of accomplishment and bundles of problems that he no longer wanted to be associated with.

The rapper had five no. 1 albums in a row before the release of Year Of The Dog, Again, but according to him, his record label messed that up for him.

"I had five no. 1-debuting records in a row," X told MTV. "[Year of the Dog, Again] was supposed to be number six. [Sony] released another record the same day they released mine, the Now [That's What I Call Music!] CD. They let the sh-- beat me by 1,000 and they didn't tell me until after the week was up."

Well, he's finally doing what he claimed Mase stopped him from doing years ago: going to God.

I don't know if that's gangsta or suicidal.

No comments: