Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why I Love Greedy Genius

Photobucket

When it comes to shoes, sneakerheads are always bringing up names like Dunks, Air Forces, SBs, and Bapes. Come on, there is so much more then that. 2008 is gonna be the year of Reebok (more on that in a future post), K-Swiss has REALLY stepped its game up, and their are a whole lot more out there that hasn't received enough love.

One example is Greedy Genius. The brand has been out for a while and I never see anybody wearing it. The fact is, Greedy Genius comes up with the best colorways and is less expensive than the forces that everybody wants to rep.

Its not that I dont like brands like Bape and Jordan, its just that they've created a reputation as the undisputed kings of kicks. Bape has gotten way too big for its own good, charging over $300 for a pair of shoes. But if I was running Bape (which i wish i was), I'd do the same thing. If people are willing to pay that kind of cash, why not charge them. Thats business 101 (at least thats what I imagine they teach in a class like that).

Back to the Genius. For the most part, its hit or miss. Most pairs I really like, but there are also pairs where I just close my eyes and pretend I didn't see them. But I do the same thing with Bapes so I can't knock them for that. The group designing Greedy Genius are constantly taking chances and a lot of times they hit the jackpot. To get up on your Greedy Genius, click here. If you want to buy some, head over to pickyourshoes.com.

No comments: