Monday, January 7, 2008

What About the Children?



I am not going to lie, I am a sucker for VH1 reality TV. Shows like I Love New York, Rock of Love, and the Godfather of all dating shows Flavor of Love. Although as I was watching the I Love New York 2 reunion last night, I came to the realization of how truly terrible the shows actually are. These shows are setting black men and women back a good hundred years. It’s all a fucking joke and a minstrel show.
My first example is It. It was my favorite character from I Love New York 2. If you didn’t watch the show, It is every Black stereotype in one person and not only is it hilarious, but it is really sad. He was a fucking idiot who made for great entertainment and as much joy VH1 got from exploiting his behavior, viewers (unfortunately like myself) received that same exact joy. The man tried to pay for 3 dozen roses with a lemon he was eating. There are so many things wrong with that alone that I don’t feel there is any need to elaborate on the other idiotic shit he did. The video quality is pretty bad, but I hope you can see.

Example number 2, Midget Mac. Talk about aiming low, the man was entertaining, but what the fuck was he doing there. Honestly man lets be real, he was just there for ratings. I wish New York would have actually fallen for the Mac man, but everyone knew he was not making it past the final 8. I’m surprised he made it as far as he did.

Example 3, Sumthing from Flavor of Love 2. Case and point, while attempting to date Flavor Flav, she took a shit on his floor. Classy.
Example 4, The H.B.I.C. herself, Ms., or the now Mrs. New York. She feel in love with Flavor Flav, which is why shes famous. Then she got her own show, and it was a hit, because it showed you that not only can black women make a mockery of their culture, but the black males can do it to. Also the fake hair and tits don’t set much of an example for the younger viewers. Im just saying,, shes a drama queen who really isn’t that mean, her jokes about other people sound like she got them from the 8th grade lunch room.
Example number 5, Flavoooorrrrrrr Flavvvvvvvvvvv. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Flav a part of Public Enemy? You know, the same Public Enemy who sang about revolution and social change in the black community. Well somewhere in the mix all that shit was lost in Flav’s mind. As Jimmy Kimmel said “Flav has 7 kids with 14 different women” and yet he is looking for “love” for the 3rd time. Lets look back, he was in love with Bridget Neilson, Hoopz, New York for a little bit, Delishisss*, New york again for a little bit, and a new women will be crowned the new Mrs.Yeeeeee Boyyyyyyyyy. Dude gave all the winners of FOL a grill. That’s like when Disney emulates black people in their movies by having them dance well and have a lot of soul and using slang that no regular person uses like “you da man!” and “ohhhhh hell nahhh”

I could go on for days, honestly I could. The main point I am trying to make is African american people should not be portrayed like this. It is sad when on these shows you can pick out the one or two intellectual black people that are there. African Americans as a whole are great, smart, and cultured people when you continue to personify these stereotypes is when people start to look down on the people as a whole. I understand the entertainment value that is priced among these characters, but lets put someone respectable up there.
Also I forgot to mention in my list of idiots sister paterson, Pumpkin, Lacey from Rock of Love, Krazy, Bootz, Safari, the other girl who fought for the bed, chance, romance, wolf, and myself for watching.

No comments: