Friday, February 8, 2008

Here Come The Grammy's

I know, I know. Gonzo said we were boycotting the Grtammys. But when he said we, he really meant he. As for me, I will be watching and, for some reason, I've decided to make my predictions for the awards that matter to me. So here's how I see it going down on Sunday. Let me know what you think, but don't make any "predictions" come Monday morning. If you think I'm wrong, let me know before it goes down.

Record of the year: What goes Around.../... Comes Around- Whether or not you like Justin Timberlake, you can't argue with his ability to pick producers. He's worked with Pharrell, Timbaland, Danja, and Chad Hugo.

Album of the year: Graduation- Attribute this more to the lack of good albums out than Graduation's greatness. Don't get me wrong, Graduation is a good album, but its not Album of the year good. I actually think Back to Black is better but all the problems Amy Winehouse has had will cost her the award.

Best Dance Recording: D.A.N.C.E.- This category dosen't really matter to me, but I felt I needed to give a little respect to the song that inspired like 1000 remixes in 2007. My favorite is W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E.

Best Alternative Music Album: Icky Thump- Pretty much every music critic has said the Wite Stripes had the best Rock album of last year and I have to agree. I was kind of surprised to see Lily Allen in the same category as The White Stripes, but whatever.

Best Solo Rap Performance: The People- There really is no other song that deserves to win this category. Stronger was good, but I felt it had more of a pop feel to it. The only other song that I could justify winning this award would be Big Things Poppin'

Best Rap Performance by a Duo: International Player's Anthem- Party Like A Rock Star and Make It Rain both got nominations which is a complete joke. I like Classic and Southside, but not enough people heard those songs.

Best Rap Song: Can't Tell Me Nothing- If Crank That wins, I am going on a hunger strike for like a month. Can't Tell Me Nothing is the only song in the category that has any real meaning.

Best Rap Album: Graduation- This is really a 3 horse race between Kanye, Common, and T.I. If Kanye wins, he will be 3 for 3 in this category (same goes for Best Rap Song Category). I actually think Finding Forever was better than Graduation. But, again, this will come down to what CD has more widespread appeal.

No comments: