Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yeah. Today is kind of a big deal for me.


If what Lupe says is true, and isn't always, The Louie Vouitton Don, Skateboard P, and ..... Lupe (who seriously needs a nickname, like yesterday) are making magic as I type this. I've heard rumors of the group breaking up before it even started, but those were dispelled by CRS' Little Weapon (I'm going to stick with this until he comes up with his own) on Sunday. Wait, wasn't this there first music video? No matter, I'm still pumped.

This got me thinking last night. Nobody ever posts comments on this page. I don't really care. I mean, I hardly ever comment on my favorite blogs (Way More Fresher, Illroots, Hypebeast, Kanye's, Deadspin, etc.). Some bloggers expect comments and I think those people are stupid. I could care less whether you comment on here (trust me, I'm getting to something). Occasionally, though, I'd like to hear what you guys thought. Yes, you. Don't look around, there;s no one else and, yes, I'm pointing at you.

CRS is pretty much a dream come true. I honestly couldn't think of any 3 rappers I'd rather see work together than Pharrell, Kanye, and Lupe. Pharrell for his production, Lupe for his rapping, and Kanye for the sheer fact that he is the most dominant musician in the world (or at least the U.S.A.). This made me think: What three musicians, regardless of genre and era, would I like to hear together.

I decided to put the following 3 men together: Andre 3000, Michael Jackson, and Roger Waters. You obviously know the first two men. As for those that aren't full-out music nerds, Roger Waters was the bassist and sometimes provided the lead vocals for Pink Floyd. He was extremely important in the production of Dark Side of the Moon, one of the most important albums of all time. Dark Side was noted for its breakthrough production with use of synthesizers and putting in sound effects.

Why did I pick these three. I have a "lock-in theory." If you lock these three men in a recording studio, something special will be created. I see Andre killing the verses, Michael Jackson hitting high notes and singing hooks, and Waters doing something special behind the scenes. I didn't choose to many superstars because I fear guys like Jimi Hendrix and Eminem would murder each other if locked in a room together.

Going back to that paragraph about getting comments on this blog, I want to hear what artists you wish you could see together. I'd like to see people go WAY back if possible, maybe throw in some Robert Johnson or Little Richard. The odder, the better.

No comments: