Friday, October 10, 2008

$3 Camera Checks, Drunken A-Holes and a Damn Good Show

Sorry kids, no pics with no post because the Hard Rock Live in Orlando didn't go for the "Do you know who I am?" bit when they told me to bring my camera to the holding area. I had to pay them $3 for them to hold my camera for 3 hours (f*ck you Stacy).

Anyway, last night was quite enjoyable as I went to the Orlando stop of the 'Seeing the Invincible Sounds of Summer Tour'.

Night started off great with a 4 song set from Chester French, though I was part of the minority in the crowd, being that actually knew the words to their songs.

On to a slight intermission as they set up the stage for a Chad-less NERD (where the hell is he?). Set started with Anti-Matter and the rest was an 8 song mix of everything. Highlight of the set was definitely Spaz, crowd was nuts and that lead into Lapdance, and Everyone Nose.

Common set off the night with his set, pulling out every stop possible, getting the crowd more into it than NERD even did. He performed a 10-12 song set, even mashing up The Corner with NY State of Mind and I Used to Love HER with k-os' Superstarr Pt. Zero. Everyone went nuts when he busted out breakin' during UMC.

He came out for a 20 minute encore, performing The Food, his verse from Get 'em High and busting out Gladiator (from the new album), which I officially am dying to hear.

Despite the loss of a camera for the night, a drunk ass punk who repeatedly elbowed me in the kidneys during Spaz and a phone that would not stop ringing, this show was worth the trip to Orlando.

If you don't have tickets for the few stops left on this tour, please partake in purchasing one.

No comments: