Friday, October 17, 2008

40 Some-Odd Naked Ladies = One Grand Listening Party


If you didn't hear about the madness that went down a few nights back in L.A., Mr. West alongside artist Vanessa Beecroft threw a dope-to say the least- listening party for 'Ye's forthcoming album, 808s and Heartbreak. About 700 patrons showed up (including Mos Def who fittingly sat front row and center, Will.I.Am, Tip, and even Carol City's Finest Rick Ross) for an ill throwdown of Kanye's newest goodies. To reiterate on the title, there were indeed about 40 nude women seated in the middle-the black girls in front and the white girls in the back-and without an intro of any sort, the entire album was played. To answer the million dollar question: yes, this entire album consists of vocals blessed by West himself... in auto-tune. Contrary to what all the haters say, I personally LOVE (yes I said it) it, and if i were an artist I too would jump on the autotune bandwagon. Kanye has been rocking the vocoder since the College Dropout and even put it to use in Jesus Walks. I know my whole Boogie squad is skeptical about this album, but i think its going to be crazy and a fresh new look for the game.
Anywho, like Siempre reported a lil while ago, there are rumored to be 11 tracks on the album, with guests appearances by Jeezy and Weezy. The songs leaked at the party were said to be a new look for the Chi-native, and the album is primarily about emotional nakedness. The last track played was a joint dedicated to his mother, Donda West, entitled Coldest Winter which is rumored to be the album closer.
Kanye and Beecroft had the party rockin all night and it wrapped up with 'Ye "eloquently" delivering a monologue that pretty much said F*ck you to the people who are doubting his 4th studio album. He also went on to rave about his newest addiction, the "patented Pain" autotune contraption, and how this album is is all about the freedom to do whatever you want. So that explains the whole naked girls ordeal...


*Update 10/18/08*
Somehow I stumbled across the MASTERED(!@$@) version of Heartless. Now you can enjoy the song in even better quality.

Thank you AND You're Welcome

2 comments:

Atari said...

I'm really excited for this album too, D.

I think Ye will show all the haters what you can really do with autotune.

Siempre Fresco said...

I don't know man, I'm with Gonzon on this. The fact of the matter remains: to some degree, people who convince themselves they are enthusiastic about this are drinking the Kool-Aide. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, else did this, we'd doubt it 100%. But because it's Kanye, we pretend it's the best thing any artist has done ver. We pretend like he's creating a new genre. Kanye says this will be a pop album, so leave it at that.

Yes, it will be good. And yes, I will be coping it. But, having said that, I'm not going to lie to myself and say I'm anxiously counting down the days until the release like I was for Graduation. Heartless is ill, but I don't think Love Lockdown -- on a lyrical level at least -- is anything special. Kanye is my favorite musician, so I will most definitely support him, but I'm not going to tell myself this is the second coming. Then again, I've only heard two tracks (not listening to Coldest Winter, I'm saving myself. THAT'S HOW FRIGGIN CRAZY THIS WHOLE THING IS!!), so who knows? Either way, I'm looking forward to h\the rap album he's promising for summer 09 way more.

I know we've beat this to death, but let me take one more deadly swing. People hate Auto tune when T Pain or Lil Wayne use it, but they love how Kanye is using it? This doesn't make sense to me. I want to see him put something out that's on the level of College Dropout/ Late Registration, that was Kanye at his best. This isn't. It just isn't.