Monday, October 13, 2008

The Invincible Summer Lives On








The Invincible Sounds of Summer Tour wrapped up in the 305 on friday and the tri-set of performers surely didn't show signs of fatigue after a long summer-almost as long as the delay of Com's album. Like many of the fortunate ones who attended, I was hyped for the event-maybe the several free monsters i consumed took toll-and the stakes were set high for the night after seeing evidence of the magic derived from the boys over at BBC/Ice Cream.. The night couldn't have started out any better for me. Prior to the opening of the Filmore, I had the chance to meet up with my man $port over at Waymorefresher(I am telling you, man is like the reincarnated Dilla; I'm imploring you to check out his work) $ even handed me a disc of some of his stuff and i have been bumping to it ever since.It was a really good look. Dude has really inspired all of us here at the Boogie. Now about the show... it was as dope as advertised. D.A. and Max from Chester French did their thing opening up with a limited set, and they had me up for "She Loves Everybody" and other were in awe that I knew their stuff, which showed their disloyalty to the StarTrak Fam. The reason for partaking in this function proceeded them, and I got to see a Chad-less (not suprised) N*E*R*D finish up where they left off from GITDT. The did about a 10 song compilation, and some of the highlights for me were personal favorite tracks like Bobby James, (!) Provider, Maybe, You Know What, Run to the Sun, and others joints that they went plain stupid on. I'm forever savoring their performance. Common, being the headliner, of course followed and tore up the spot. He killed it on Sex n Sugar, I used to love h.e.r., the Light, Go, UMC, and the new aid to all your hip hop sorrows-Gladiator. He even did his own rendition of other artist's hits with the likes of MIAMI State of Mind, They Reminisce over You, Get 'em High, to name a few. Dude even spit like an 80 bar freestyle that had the crowd in a trance. I couldn't have dreamt the event better myself.


One Love... N*E*R*D... Peace


*Before I forget, I would like to give a special welcome back to my man Gonzo, who now returns wearing the 45 like Michael with his much-needed return to the blogging game.*

1 comment:

Atari said...

They did Bobby James and Maybe for the MIA crowd, but not for ORL?

WTF?